UPDATE: The most recent study by Oxford University (randomized control trial) showed a 90% reduction in hospitalization for people with COVID.
Below are links to a peer-reviewed studies, articles in medical journals, or news articles regarding the efficacy of budesonide.
Medical Journal Articles or Studies
- Common asthma treatment reduces need for hospitalisation in COVID-19 patients, study suggests (University of Oxford)
- Pathophysiological Basis and Rationale for Early Outpatient Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Infection – ScienceDirect (from the American Journal of Medicine)
- Inhaled corticosteroids and COVID-19: a systematic review and clinical perspective (from European Respiratory Journal)
- Inhaled corticosteroids in virus pandemics: a treatment for COVID-19? (From The Lancet)
- SARS-CoV-2 and The Case for Empirical Treatment (upcoming in the Global Journal of Science Frontier Research – Volume 20, Issue 4)
- Pathophysiological Basis and Rationale for Early Outpatient Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Infection (US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health)
- Budesonide facilitates weaning from mechanical ventilation in difficult-to-wean very severe COPD patients (US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health)
- Effect of nebulized budesonide on respiratory mechanics and oxygenation in acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome (US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health)
News Reports & Studies
- Common asthma drug cuts COVID-19 hospitalization risk, recovery time – Oxford study (Reuters)
- Common Asthma Drug May Help People Fight COVID: ‘It Should Reduce Hospitalizations by Around Half (CBN News)
- Inhaled steroids to be trialled as Covid treatment (The Independent)
- GPs to test inhaled corticosteroids in major Covid treatment study (Pulse Today)
- People with asthma are 30 per cent LESS likely to contract COVID-19 – and it may be because their inhalers are helping to control the virus, study claims (Daily Mail UK)
- Is a new steroid treatment a miracle solution for COVID-19—or is it snake oil? (Fortune Magazine)
- Experts Debate While West Texas Doctor Stands Ground on Inhaled Steroid for COVID-19 (Trial Site News)
Below are links to studies or articles about the efficacy or success of some of the other remedies we recommend for prevention.
- Mouthwash eliminates coronavirus in 30 seconds… in the lab (BBC Science Focus)
- Library of Articles and Studies on the success of the H2Bev drinks (H2Bev website)
- Vitamin D can help reduce coronavirus risk by 54%: Boston University doctor (Boston Herald)
***Medical disclaimer: This website was created for informational purposes only and has no ties to any drug company or physician. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. In addition, no one involved in this website has financial ties to any of the suggested therapies. We are merely patient advocates, trying to save lives and fight medical censorship.***